Friday, December 16, 2011

Paint Chip Art

The weeks leading up to christmas are always more stressful than they need to be. The main reason for me is usually because my arch enemy procrastination torments me at all the wrong times. I envy the people that brag about having all their christmas shopping done in November. I'm sure it wouldn't be so bad if I purchased all my gifts but instead I seem to feel that christmas calls for handmade gifts. Normally this would be fine if I didn't wait until the week before christmas to start making them all. Oh well, maybe I will learn my lesson and be able to beat the procrastination monster next year.

I have wanted to try making a paint chip art piece for a while now and even more so after finding an excellent "how to" over at A Beautiful Mess. The selection of paint chips at the hardware stores are pretty amazing. I do have to admit that I did feel a little suspicious loading up my pockets with far more chips than any one person may need but that's what they are there for right?



As you can see from the photo my love for house plants unfortunately doesn't mean I am any good at keeping them alive. My ceramic Siamese kitty doesn't look impressed that I have tainted his good looks with wilting greenery.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers